Wednesday, April 6, 2011

USMA '99 Running for Denver Office


My name is Chris Herndon and I am a candidate for Denver City Council, District 11. I am a West Point Graduate, class of 1999, which led me to two tours oversees, including peacekeeping in  Kosovo and combat in Iraq. After leaving the military I moved to Denver and worked for several years at Denver International Airport. Since leaving DIA, I have managed the Walmart in Englewood through a program where military leaders are trained for a year and sent in to run Walmart Supercenters. My time in the military gave me irreplaceable experience in leadership, service, problem solving, and collaboration-all values I consider integral to an efficient city government. My time at Walmart has given me the insight into business operations and I can safely say I now know more about numbers that any one person could ever hope to know. My biggest reason for running is the passion for public service instilled in me by my parents, including my mother, a Kansas City Public Schools teacher for over thirty years. I currently chair the Outreach Committee for my Stapleton United Neighbors Board, I have tutored students at Montbello High School, and taught Financial Peace Literacy to NE Denver residents through my church, True Light Baptist. I have spent my life serving my community and I would appreciate your support in helping me continue to serve the people of Denver. There are only a few weeks left and I need all the help I can get. Please consider volunteering or showing your support through a donation. For more information go to www.herndonfordenver.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment